How to qualify
Qualified recipients receive a subsidy equal to 10% of your monthly space rent. In order to qualify for the rental assistance program, all the following criteria must be met:
- The applicant needs to be a homeowner who has owned and lived in the mobile home and community they are currently residing in for a least the past three consecutive years.
- Applicants need to be meet the “very low-income” guidelines* used by the local Housing Authority for the Section 8 rental assistance program. (Gross annual income from all sources is 50% of the median income or less.
- The applicant must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- be at least 62 years of age or older
- be a family of two or more
- be disabled
- Monthly housing costs (rent, mortgage, utilities) need to exceed 40% of the total monthly income of all residents in the home.
- Real property (land, rental properties, second homes) may not exceed $10,000.
- Personal property (bank accounts, automobiles, stocks and bonds, jewelry) except for the mobile home in which the applicant lives may not exceed $20,000.
- The applicant does not receive assistance from any other rental assistance programs.
- The space on which the applicant resides is note regulated by rent control and not more than 10% of residents in the Park are already receiving assistance.
- All of the forms provided in the Rental Assistance Application packet must be completed with every question answered.
- The applicant must be in compliance with the park rules and regulations, and the mobile home or manufactured home may not be in foreclosure by any financial institution or in bankruptcy proceedings.
Rental Assistance Recipients Reviewed Annually
Any resident who qualifies for a rent subsidy from the park owner is reviewed annually to make sure they still qualify for assistance. Any changes of circumstances such as having an additional person move in to help with expenses, or an increase in income are all evaluated to make sure the applicant still qualifies.